The Social Worker will play a pivotal role in the Baidoa Female Center through helping the beneficiaries conduct needs assessment, develop individualized plans & implement follow up & monitoring services. Each Social Worker will have an assigned caseload & will be the key worker responsible for overseeing the case management process form entry to exit. This will include coordinating the various services that will constitute the rehabilitation process, linking individuals to families & communities. As well as identifying external service providers in accordance with individual care plans with the goal of reintegrating according to defined exit criteria.
- Conduct interviews with individual at intake & complete registration process & documentation.
- Undertake initial needs assessments & document outcomes in case files, including identifying personal strengths, weaknesses, risk & protective factors.
- Develop individualized care plans in collaboration with other sectors & service providers in the centre which will meet specified standards & timescales.
- Maintain accurate case files including regular updates & progress of individuals against goals & objectives detailed in care plans & use information to prepare reports for the exit board.
- Provide information regarding the entry & exit procedures & support services available to beneficiaries & their families.
- Ensure awareness of & compliance with safeguarding policies & practices.
- Liaise with & make referrals to, other service providers both internally & externally.
- Coordinate case reviews & case conferences.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams & meetings regarding, education, VET.
- Provide psychosocial support services including guidance & basic, culturally appropriate, counselling services.
- Facilitate access to & contact with family including visits & outreach support services.
- Identify & facilitate linkages to community based support mechanisms to optimise sustainable reintegration on exit as part of care plans.
- Identify options for reintegration alternatives including resettlement for individuals who may not wish to return to communities of origin.
- Participate in training, supervision & multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Recommend & contribute to making decisions about the best course of action for a beneficiaries in line with individual care plan goals, exit & criteria.