|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
- Monitors that air operations activities are conducted in compliance with Air Tasking Orders (ATO's), SOP's, UN Directive, Dept. of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) / Dept. of Field Support Aviation Manual, UN Aviation Standards for Peacekeeping & Humanitarian Air Transport Operations (UN AVSTADS), UN Aviation Safety Manual, ICAO, IATA & the host country's Aeronautical Information Publications (AIP).
- Verifies the daily projected ATO's for conformance & compliance with the requested tasks, resolves conflicting priorities & ensures that ATO's are published & communicated to all relevant elements in accordance to the established procedures & deadlines. Manages routine (regular passenger / cargo, logistics resupply) flights & special flights for Sectors 1 & 5.
- Ensures that AORM is conducted for each & every flight.
- Coordinates all CASEVAC's / MEDEVAC's in consultation with all other key stakeholders & this includes NVG CASEVAC's.
- Provides oversight on military & operational flights & ensures that all MATO's are approved for each task.
- Provides initial training for new flight crew personnel & monitors that the flight crews are briefed & conversant with UN policies, flight safety procedures & latest applicable aviation standard requirements.
- Confirms that appropriate reference documents are readily available & accessible to all flight crew & aviation personnel.
- Manages JMAOC archives unit to ensure a systematic way in fitting all accountable aviation documents & for ease of retrieval of the same documents.
- Oversight of passenger & cargo flights.
- Interface with SCAA at sector level & flight information services for Somalia for licensing of the air crews & aircraft's, when applicable.
- Report all status MHE, truck vehicles to Chief Air Terminal unit.
- Ensure that aircraft & vehicle movements on the ramp & in the vicinity of the buildings are conducted in accordance with appropriate ICAO, FISS, & UNSOS rules, regulations, policies & guidance. This is to include wearing the appropriate protective equipment.
- Ensures that the UNSOS Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) is in working conditions & properly maintained.
- Monitors & verifies fuel upload for all UNSOS aircraft. Record the amount of fuel registered on the fuel trucks gauge & compares it with the amount of fuel indicated on the aircraft's fuel gauge.
- Ensures that refueling operations are conducted in a safe manner.
- Verifies cargo manifest when required hand supervises on & off loading & handling of all cargo.
- Supervises load handling of dangerous cargo as per ICAO, CAA, IATA & UNSOS regulations, polices & established procedures.
- Develops passenger & cargo load plans.
- Liaises with other UN sections / units, NGO's & govt. organizations & inter govt. agencies on immigration & customs matter.
- Record statistical data on the movement of passengers & cargoes (including dangerous goods requiring special handling) within & / or outside the field mission.
- Monitors the preparation of luggage & cargo for transportation & ensures that weighting, plastic wrapping & labeling are conducted in accordance with the established procedures.
- Assist in the planning, coordination & execution of military & police contingent deployment, rotations & repatriations.
- Brief passengers on schedules, routes, timing & safety requirements.
- Monitors check in & check out activities for outgoing & incoming passengers & cargo.
The project reporting will be done on a monthly basis in coordination with the Team Leader on site.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Technical or vocational certificate in air transportation, safety management, air traffic control OR graduation form equivalent military establishment or military / air traffic control training is required.
- Technical or vocational certificate in movement control, multi modal transportation, logistics management or a related field is desirable.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in an occupation directed to air operations, movement control, freight forwarding, logistics management or a related field.
- Experience in the use of IATA rules & procedures for transportation of dangerous goods as well as AMISOM / UNSOS aviation experience is mandatory.
- Experienced in supporting the military or in a field setting, particularly under hardship conditions is required.
- Professionalism: Demonstrated experience in area of specialty & ability to apply good judgement, high degree of autonomy, personal initiative & ability to take ownership. Willingness to accept wide responsibilities & ability to work independently under established procedures in a politically sensitive environment, while exercising discretion, impartiality & neutrality, responsive & client oriented.
- Accountability: Mature & responsible, ability to operate in compliance with organizational rules & regulations.
- Commitment to continuous learning: Initiative & willingness to learn new skills & stay abreast of new developments in areas of expertise, ability to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Planning & organizing: Effective organizational & problem solving skills & ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient & timely manner, ability to establish priorities & to plan, coordinate & monitor (own) work, ability to work under pressure with conflicting deadlines & to handle multiple concurrent project / activities.
- Teamwork & respect for diversity: Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries, ability to maintain & establish effective partnership & harmonious working relations in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment with sensitivity & respect for diversity & gender.
- Communication: Proven interpersonal skills, good spoken & written communication skills, including the ability to prepare clear & concise reports, ability to communicate & empathize with staff (including national staff), military personnel, volunteers, counterparts & local interlocutors coming from very diverse backgrounds, capacity to transfer information & knowledge to a wide range of different target groups.
Work in collaboration & synchronized with the Team Leader on site for backup in the Team Leaders absence.