|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is one of the major humanitarian and development actors in Somalia. IOM implements primary healthcare activities in Hiraan region of Hirshabelle State, and is recruiting a Health Programme Assistant based in Belet Weyne Town to provide operational and technical support and daily management of mobile medical teams and static clinics in Belet Weyne district and neighboring areas in Hiraan region.
Under the overall supervision of the Health Programme Coordinator and direct supervision of the Senior Health Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and operational support to IOM’s health programming in Belet Weyne and surrounding areas, including quality control of healthcare services at IOM-supported clinics, capacity building of seconded Ministry of Health clinical staff, administrative and financial support to enable programme implementation, and liaising with Ministry of Health and other government counterparts.
- Provide technical and operational support to Ministry of Health-managed primary health clinics, mobile medical teams, and/or outpatient therapeutic programmes supported by IOM in Belet Weyne. This includes quality assurance, oversight of data input, clinic stock management, identification of gaps at clinics and implementation of corrective measures, and all administrative tasks related to operation of the clinics.
- Assist in monitoring clinical service delivery to verify if it meets IOM quality standards, and that national clinical management and treatment guidelines are strictly followed
- Assist in keeping track of medical supplies and drugs and in coordinating and verifying timely replenishment to avoid stock outs
- Orientate, train, and build capacity of seconded Ministry of Health staff at the clinics through training, and on-job Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Monitor the work of Ministry of Health seconded and partner staff and ensure timely submission of their monthly attendance sheets to Mogadishu office
- Monitor community outreach medical services are provided in accordance with project plans, including health promotion and delivery of curative/preventive services in the community.
- Identify project development opportunities on the ground and communicate these proactively to Senior Health Officer, Nutrition Officer, & Health Programme Coordinator
- Submit weekly reports to Health Programme Coordinator on program activities, coordination meetings, administrative issues, etc.
- Liaise with key stakeholders externally including the Ministry of Health and local authorities, and coordinate internally with other IOM programme units operating in the same office and project sites.
- Compile, review primary health and nutrition data every week in a timely manner and contribute to analysis
- Participate in health coordination meetings as assigned
- Undertake duty travel when required, including occasionally to other project locations to provide staffing coverage when needed.
- Conduct additional tasks that may be assigned by the Health Programme Coordinator and Health Officers
|Key competencies||The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
This role does not require any team management.
- Degree in nursing, public health, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Diploma in the above fields with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Nursing and/or medical doctor registration/license
- A minimum of three years of experience working in emergency and/or community development in an aid organization in Somalia and/or with Somali migrants and mobile populations.
- Experience with an international organization is an advantage.
- Good level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in capacity building of health workers in clinical service provision.
- Ability to work independently with limited day-to-day operational support
- Experience in effectively liaising with government and local authorities.
- Experience in project management and start-up of new projects is an advantage.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of project performance is an advantage
- Experience in humanitarian programmes for migrants and IDPs is an advantage