|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
The consultant will be required to conduct a Cost−Benefit Analysis (CBA) for the Dharoor Valley Dam project in Bari Region, Puntland State of Somalia. A feasibility study was carried out at the proposed site, Gawlalaale, and designs for an earth dam produced with associated Bills of Quantities (BoQ). This consultancy will identify, value, and compare costs and benefits for the proposed dam project in order to evaluate its viability.
The consultant will be required to conduct a Cost−benefit analysis (CBA) of the proposed Dharoor Valley Dam project. The primary objective of the CBA will be to determine whether the benefits of the project outweigh its costs, and by how much relative to other alternatives.Through the CBA, key decisions will be made on:Whether the proposed project is a sound decision or investment; and/ orAlternative project options need to be considered.The specific tasks for the consultancy is as follows:
Expected output:The Consultant shall define the objective of the CBA, collect all the relevant data and information, carry out analysis to produce the following outputs: Inception Report, to be submitted in two (2) parts one (1) week after the commencement of the ServicesPart I shall deal with the feasibility study and detailed design aspects of the assignmentPart II shall deal with the environmental and social impact issues.The reports shall contain the refined overall work schedule, work plan, administrative arrangements, methodology and approaches, results of review of existing documents during the inception period, observations made during reconnaissance surveys and other relevant information Financial and Economic Analysis of the proposed Dharoor Valley Dam Project, to be submitted within one (1) months after the commencement of the Services, detailing the following:
- The Consultant shall prepare a detailed financial and economic analysis which includes the following activities:
- Estimate the direct/indirect, tangible/intangible benefits of the Dharoor Valley dam project.
- Perform a financial and economic analysis of the project which is indicative of the resources used, efficiency, levels of return.
- Investigate the viability of the multi-purpose project (irrigation + water supply) through determination of Net Present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), benefit-cost- ratio and net benefit investment ratio.
- Carry out sensitivity analysis for all major factors.
- Develop a project implementation plan
Financial and Economic Analysis of at least another two options, supported by technical data, to be submitted within one (1) months after the commencement of the Services
- Estimates of all project benefits
- A financial and economic analysis
- Sensitivity analysis of all major factors.
- Proposed project implementation plan
This role reports to the SWALIM Technical Advisor
• The expert employed for the study shall either hold a University degree in Economics or related discipline.
• Minimum of 8 years of demonstrable relevant experience.
• Geographical experience:
• Minimum of 10 year of experience in Horn of Africa (desirable).
• Fluency in English is essential.
• University Degree in the field of Economics or related field.
• Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree & 10+ years of relevant experience.
• Must be well versed in all MS Office applications & experienced in producing reports.
• Self-starter with good initiative & multi-tasking skills who pays attention to the details, demonstrated ability to troubleshoot & resolve problems, excellent spoken & written communication.
This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.