|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of Programme Support Unit (PSU) Coordinator, and in collaboration with the PSU team, the Senior Media and Communications Assistant will be responsible in assisting to the development and dissemination of internal and external communications to promote the organization’s work in Somalia and raise awareness of migration issues locally, regionally and internationally.
- Take the lead in generating contents for multimedia products for the Joint Initiative, in close coordination with IOM Somalia’s Graphic Designer and Communications Officer and the Regional Office
- Assist in developing multimedia products, including press notes, features, photo essays, videos, social media posts and other relevant communication products for a national and international audience, in coordination with field staff and the Communications and Graphic Design Officer (PSU team).
- Conduct regular field visits to project locations and attend important events to shoot and edit high quality photos and videos of IOM’s activities.
- Prepare content for video scripts for news and features for use in multimedia digital platforms and social media, in coordination with the field staff and Communications and Graphic Design Officer (PSU team).
- Assist in developing and maintaining content for IOM Somalia website and social media platforms in English and Somali, in coordination with the Communications and Graphic Design Officer as well as work closely with the social media focal points in the region and headquarters to include IOM Somalia content on the global accounts.
- Maintain and update IOM Somalia media library and the IOM Media Library to ensure online information is timely and accessible.
- Contribute to Regional Newsletters and other communications requests from RO/HQ.
- In close coordination with PSU team, support and conduct trainings on communication and visibility for colleagues working in field locations.
- In close coordination with PSU team, assist with the development of public information campaigns and reports, such as donor updates, infographics and situation reports. Proactively identify media opportunities in Somalia and, in close liaison with PSU team, plan and monitor media events.
- Provide administrative and technical support for the preparation and organization of conferences, launches, meetings, training and other events, as well as communication and liaison with counterparts.
- Requesting for project materials and equipment and following up with the procurement office for delivery and ensure dispatch as required and assist in general administrative tasks.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Programme Support Unit (PSU) Coordinator
|Key competencies||VI. COMPETENCIES
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Experience and demonstrated knowledge in communications and media.
• Experience in managing digital content for web and social media.
• Experience in operational activities both in humanitarian and development sector is an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience in professional photography and video production, including video and photo editing (Premier Pro and Lightroom)
• Demonstrated ability to write clear, articulate correspondence and communicate well (written and oral) both in Somali and English.
• Experience in the usage of information technology in Microsoft Office applications: Microsoft teams, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Digital literacy and demonstrated knowledge of information technology in Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is desirable.
|This role does not have team management responsibility.|
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.