|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
- Functional Responsibilities
- Convene and lead regular meetings of SUN with related provincial government departments, including Health, Agriculture & Livestock, Education, WASH, Social welfare departments;
- Provide coordination among government departments, the SUN networks, and the stakeholders through the provision of technical support and assistance
- Facilitate development and institutionalization of multisectoral nutrition related sector action plans, policies, strategies and projects in line with SUN global strategy and country development priorities
- Prepare plan of action for SUN activities working closely with SUN network actors to guide implementation of relevant prioritised strategies, plan and projects
- Track all activities of SUN, coordination with SUN Secretariat at Federal and Provincial Levels.
- Facilitate the establishment of multi-stakeholders’ platform that strengthens coordination among government line Ministries, UN agencies, INGOs, CSOs and Business groups to improve support for national plans, work across sectors and bring Ministries together with local development partners
and UN agencies as well
- Establishing and strengthening multi-sectoral collaboration with clear and sustained political commitment
- To coordinate activities of relevant agencies involved in food and nutrition -related issues
- To advocate to policy makers, policy advisors and programme designers at national and sub-national levels on nutrition issues and its relationship with national development
- To raise public awareness on nutrition through advocacy and knowledge transfer (education)
- To facilitate and collaborate with SUN network activities throughout the country
- To provide technical support to SUN stakeholders to create and sustain agreed common results to ensure effective coordination
- To help build the capacity of national partner networks/stakeholder
- To work with decentralized structures to facilitate the development of integrated development plans with food and nutrition security interventions adequately into the plans aligned to relevant national policy, development and legislative frameworks
- To synergize on monitoring and evaluation of SUN activities at both country and global levels
- To actively promote and facilitate adequate household food security (quantity, quality and safety) to satisfy daily dietary needs of the population
- Represent the SUN Movement at the country level to galvanize political commitment to end malnutrition in all its forms and promote and preserve the Movement’s core values, principles and character;
- To represent the country at regional and global level on nutrition and food security issues cutting across multisectoral agenda
- To prepare relevant SUN reports/documents.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with strategic vision and proven skills in managing complex organizations and relationships between different stakeholders: a capacity to work with diplomacy, assessing political and operational contexts based on a sound understanding of power relations and experience of institutional dynamics, in order to establish strategy, develop tactics, grasp opportunities and to lead teams in pursuing them effectively.
- Extensive experience in handling complex multi stakeholder and multi sectoral issues: relevant experience in a political environment – handling multiple interlinked issues with a range of constituencies and interested parties, in varied and changing contexts so as to identify, anticipate and avert potential challenges before they start to affect operations
- Demonstrated experience and competence in dealing with bilateral and multilateral funding sources
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and ability to work in a team.
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages/ systems is
|Key competencies||• 5-10 years of work-related work experience is required. Demonstrated technical knowledge in nutrition and experience in strengthening (capacity development) of government and national agencies is desired.
• Experience in working at policy level forum and coordination among partners would be an asset
• Master’s degree or higher in Health, Nutrition or similar fields.
This role does not require team management