|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
- Our client in Libya is actively involved in the humanitarian response in Libya as well as some development programs, supporting provision of women & girls’ health & protection services, including reproductive health & psychosocial support as well as GBV prevention & response. To support the program implementation in Libya & to strengthen the logistics, administrative & technical capacity of the growing program, our client in Libya will be hiring an SRH Program Assistant in Tripoli Libya.
- Under the overall guidance of the project & direct supervision of the SRH program team, the SRH Assistant provides logistics, administrative, program support, maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, information flow & follow up on deadlines & commitments made.
- The SRH Program Assistant applies established systems, procedures & assists in creation of substantive knowledge by compiling, synthesizing & analysing information relevant to sexual & reproductive health also, supports in the program / project implementation.
- Supports the monitoring of financial performance for core & non core resources by timely providing necessary financial information & analysis, including implementation rate against indicators / results. Detects potential over / under expenditure problems & proposes remedial action for the projects.
- Provides tools & mechanisms for effective & efficient monitoring of projects budgets, coordinate completion of financial data & provide accurate & updated financial information when required. Conduct field visits to project sites, IPs or any stakeholder offices when requested.
- Assists in the distribution plan of emergency services & goods in cooperation with the SRH program staff, carry physical inventory spot checks with IP's managing our clients goods & commodities.
- Verifies the requests for advance of funds from the IP's for their compliance with the approved AWPs & budgets, verify itemized cost estimates of the IP's & their eligibility as per approved AWPs & budgets.
- Verifies financial reports (FACE) submitted by the IP's for their accuracy & compliance with the approved AWPs & budgets, negotiate all necessary corrective steps with the IP's.
- Ensures financial reconciliation in close collaboration with client operations & participate in related meetings. Maintains an effective financial recording & reporting system, internal control & audit follow up & processes financial transactions in an accurate & timely way.
- Provides support on all administrative matters concerning the reproductive health unit including travel plans, travel authorization, monitoring of budgets, hiring of consultants, projects assets liaising with appropriate focal persons in the CO & IP's.
- Logs & routes incoming & outgoing documents to the office staff for action, reviews & ensures conformity to guidelines & procedures of all outgoing correspondence submitted to Program Officer.
- Drafts logistics related correspondence, documents & reports ensuring that spelling, punctuation & format are correct, drafts & finalizes responses to routine matters, (in English or Arabic as relevant).
- Maintains an office filing system and assists in archiving & maintains up to date electronic mailing lists.
- Organise meetings venues, takes minutes & / or notes, as required, prepares informal translations & may act as Interpreter, as required & answers & screens calls with tact & discretion.
- Performs any other duties, as may be required.
- Internal partners include the Libya program teams, other staff in the CO.
- The Assistant also works in close collaboration with the program & operations team to resolve procedural & administrative issues.
- External partners include project implementation partners, NGOs, local authorities & other UN & govt. agencies.
|Key competencies||- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics & / or Management or ACCA.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in relevant experience.
- Fluency in written & spoken English & Arabic.
- Proficiency in current office software applications (especially Excel) & corporate IT financial system (most preferably in ATLAS system).
- Medical background is strongly desired.
- Experience in health programs.
- Familiarity with UN procedures & working methods is an asset.
- Working experience with an international organization is an asset.
- Good experience in working with teams.
This role doesn't have any team management responsibility.
Qualified female candidates are encourage to apply for this role.