|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
A professional, accurate and fast translation service from English to Somali and vice versa such that the meaning and understanding of all principles and analysis presented in the documents reflect their true sense task involve translation of Puntland State’s Voters’ Law, Election Commission Law, and Political Associations/Parties Law.
- Ensure that the translation text is technically, linguistically and grammatically correct, error free and meets high quality standards, without requiring further editing after completion of the translation.
- Professional translation from/to Somali and English languages.
- Provide accurate and timely translation to the satisfaction of EU standards.
- Observe confidentially and refrain from divulging any information about the content of the text.
- Return the original of the documents to the EU office after completion of the services.
- Translation shall be done within the stipulated deadlines in the work order.
- Maximum percentage margin of errors per page should not be more than 3 %.
- The documents translated remain the copyright of EU and should not be shared with any third party.
- Fees will be paid upon actual provision of services, and after getting the certification of the concerned EU staff member, and after submission of invoice for the payment. Payments will be wired to bank accounts.
- Translation of documents from/ to Somali and English Language. Each page will be calculated by 250 words (250 words per 1 page) - Translation of Power Point slides, per one Slide. Payments will be made against signed purchase orders, and purchase orders done upon actual services delivered.
The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager
|Key competencies||• Minimum five years of professional experience in translation and editing.
• Demonstrated experience in translating professional documents;
• Outstanding translation and editing skills in Somali and English;
• Proven experience of translation/interpretation services;
• Experience working with international development organizations is desirable;
• Demonstrate effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
• Structure of the proposal (Mandatory)
This role has no team management responsibilities
Qualification and Skills
Confidentiality and Copyrights
- Minimum five years of professional experience in translation and editing.
- Demonstrated experience in translating professional documents;
- Outstanding translation and editing skills in Somali and English;
- Proven experience of translation/interpretation services;
- Experience working with international development organizations is desirable;
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Structure of the proposal (Mandatory) The Proposal shall contain the mandatory documentation identified below. Bidders are requested to focus on the provision of relevant information and to limit the amount of marketing and “boilerplate” material Quality Standard
- All translations by the Contractor must be rendered publication-ready, commensurate with what an experienced professional translator can offer. The term “publication-ready” shall mean that the translation respects the formatting conventions specified by EU Somalia and is devoid of typographical, spelling and grammatical mistakes. The translations must also be written in clear, correct and readable language. The content and meaning of the original must be accurately rendered in the target language, and a high level of terminological and style consistency must be achieved.
- All documents compiled by or received by the Contractor in connection with this contract shall be property of EU, shall be treated as confidential and shall be delivered only to duly authorized EU Somalia officials on completion of the work or services under the contract.
- In no event shall the contents of such documents or any information known or made known to the Contractor by reason of its association with EU Somalia be made known by the contractor to any unauthorized person without the written approval of EU Somalia.
- The Contractor shall take all reasonable measures to ensure that its agents, employees, subcontractors and independent contractors comply with the provisions of this Article.
- The obligations in this Article shall not lapse upon termination of the contract. Recourse
- EU Somalia reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of payment if performance is unsatisfactory, if work/outputs is incomplete, not delivered or for failure to meet deadlines.
- This Agreement may be terminated:
- by The Client without notice if The Client is dissatisfied with the Services rendered by The Contractor for any reason whatsoever;
- by The Client, without notice, if The Contractor commits any breach of any provision of this Agreement;
- by The Client for any cause other than a or b above on 5 working days written notice to The Contractor;
- by The Contractor if The Client commits any breach of any provision of this Agreement and which (in the case of a breach capable of being remedied) shall not have been remedied within 14 (fourteen) days of receipt of a written request to remedy same; and upon the satisfactory completion of any work already assigned to The Contractor by The Client;
- by The Contractor without cause on 5 working days written notice to The Client and upon the satisfactory completion of any work already assigned to The Contractor by The Client